I did exceptionally well in our club contest!

Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
One of the photo clubs I am in has an annual photo contest with judges who work in the field of photography. There are 8 categories and we can submit up to 2 images per category. 8 of my 16 images were chosen for the winner's circle and all of them were taken with my Canon R and R7 camera and 5 with RF lenses (3 with EF mount).

Here's what the judges awarded me:

1st place for my longhorn bull and bluebonnets
2nd place for my macro shot of water drops on a CD lit with an LED flashlight
Honorable Mention or my shot of an old abandoned train trestle
Honorable Mention for the Artistic Digital Post Processing category for my shot of Apollo's Harp statue
4 Curator's Choice awards, Architecture, Painted Churches of Texas, Antique Car Show and Wildlife

I got $125 in prize money which doesn't nearly cover the cost of entry, prints and matting but it was all worth it. There were 250 entries and 85 chosen by the judges as winners.

TX-1-ChrisSummers.jpg PN-2-ChrisSummers.jpg RB-1-ChrisSummers.jpg AD-2-ChrisSummers.jpg AR-1-ChrisSummers.jpg FT-1-ChrisSummers.jpg FT-2-ChrisSummers.jpg PN-1-ChrisSummers.jpg in a field of

Good stuff, Chris. It's nice to get recognition for one's accomplishments.

Why is one of the bridge spans different from the others?

One of the photo clubs I am in has an annual photo contest with judges who work in the field of photography. There are 8 categories and we can submit up to 2 images per category. 8 of my 16 images were chosen for the winner's circle and all of them were taken with my Canon R and R7 camera and 5 with RF lenses (3 with EF mount).

Honorable Mention for the Artistic Digital Post Processing category for my shot of Apollo's Harp statue
4 Curator's Choice awards, Architecture, Painted Churches of Texas, Antique Car Show and Wildlife

I got $125 in prize money which doesn't nearly cover the cost of entry, prints and matting but it was all worth it. There were 250 entries and 85 chosen by the judges as winners.

View attachment 22271View attachment 22272View attachment 22273View attachment 22274View attachment 22275View attachment 22276View attachment 22277View attachment 22278 in a field of
The B&B and the Swan Landing are highly appealing to me. The swan reminded me of a series of photographs I took, Ballet Off Stage, more than ten years ago. One was about the Swan Lake ballet and I rendered the ballerina in the role of Odette splashing in like this one. The first link has her splashing into the lake, and the second link has the full collection from the exhibit.

Congratulations!

Good stuff, Chris. It's nice to get recognition for one's accomplishments.

Why is one of the bridge spans different from the others?
Someone else asked me about this on another forum. I did some research and found out that the original bridge was built with wood in 1887 but badly damaged in 1900. It's had several major remodels until it was no longer used in around 1971. It became a popular place for photographs like school portraits and engagement images but is now too dangerous to walk on as the wood is mostly rotted out.

Congratulations!! That's wonderful. Was this from the Woodlands group?

Congratulations!! That's wonderful. Was this from the Woodlands group?
Yes, the Woodlands has 2 clubs. This was the competition for The Woodlands Photography Club, not the Camera Club.

fantastic. What is the difference between the two clubs? Are they part of the same overall group or completely separate?

fantastic. What is the difference between the two clubs? Are they part of the same overall group or completely separate?
They are separate, one is an independent club and the other is sponsored by the local Methodist Church as part of their outreach to the church members. But quite a few belong to both clubs. They have different leadership teams and dates for general meetings and different speakers and workshops but often share field trip events.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back