20240516145840_5O9A4701.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/15 sec
  • ISO 100

Very nice framing
Thank you. It was the best I could do with the 24-105. I had my 14-35 with me on the trip, but not when I took this shot. I wish I could have gotten the right edge/end of the mountain included.

Stunning - we missed this spot last time around - must try harder next time! Really nicely framed and you handled the light very well ;-)

Wow! Fantastic shot TrentAJ. Any specific reason for selecting f/22 for this picture? Just curious. Would be happy to see more of your shots from Iceland. Thanks in advance. :)

Wow! Fantastic shot TrentAJ. Any specific reason for selecting f/22 for this picture? Just curious. Would be happy to see more of your shots from Iceland. Thanks in advance. :)
I had my ISO at 100 and it was still bright, so I strapped down the aperture. It was a day that I wish I had a fairly strong ND filter, but I did not. Also, for big landscape shots I typicaly shoot F16 or higher to get as much of the shot clearly captured as possible, especially when trying to keep foreground and background elements in focus. Being very close to the waterfalls in the foreground and wanting to get Kirkjufell and the wateralls in focus, F22 worked well. I took the shot at a few different F-stops and liked this shot the best out of the 3 or 4 that I took.

I had my ISO at 100 and it was still bright, so I strapped down the aperture. It was a day that I wish I had a fairly strong ND filter, but I did not. Also, for big landscape shots I typicaly shoot F16 or higher to get as much of the shot clearly captured as possible, especially when trying to keep foreground and background elements in focus. Being very close to the waterfalls in the foreground and wanting to get Kirkjufell and the wateralls in focus, F22 worked well. I took the shot at a few different F-stops and liked this shot the best out of the 3 or 4 that I took.
Thanks for your description. For such landscapes have you ever tried focus bracketing on the R6 MK2? With this feature you can create a single image where everything is in focus over a deep depth of field even with lower F values where you won't have to worry about diffraction at F22.

Thanks for your description. For such landscapes have you ever tried focus bracketing on the R6 MK2? With this feature you can create a single image where everything is in focus over a deep depth of field even with lower F values where you won't have to worry about diffraction at F22.
Thanks, I understand how focus bracketing works, but I have not been willing to commit that kind of time to a shot and also don't trust my aging eyes enough for manual focusing. Learning where to set my focus point and tightening the aperture has worked well for me. I am not a professional, so I have been happy with the results thus far.

Thanks, I understand how focus bracketing works, but I have not been willing to commit that kind of time to a shot and also don't trust my aging eyes enough for manual focusing. Learning where to set my focus point and tightening the aperture has worked well for me. I am not a professional, so I have been happy with the results thus far.
Well, actually the "focus bracketing " feature on the R6 MK1/MK2 is not a manual feature. You don't need to take multiple shots in a row. It does it automatically within a flash of a moment with only one shutter release while continuously changing focal distance. You may look up the Manual on page 294 for further details. Hope this helps. :)

Focus bracketing.jpg

Well, actually the "focus bracketing " feature on the R6 MK1/MK2 is not a manual feature. You don't need to take multiple shots in a row. It does it automatically within a flash of a moment with only one shutter release while continuously changing focal distance. You may look up the Manual on page 294 for further details. Hope this helps. :)

View attachment 28450
Thank you! I'll look further into it. This camera's capabilities continues to amaze me.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back