Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Sebastien
Hi all,

First time I saw this. It's been a year that I had my R5 and I never had issue.

Does anyone know what is this?

As you can see (between two rectangles) the image is blur.

sample-R5.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
So the issue reported, i have now seen. Not on my own photos but one i am using following a photoshop book. Said photo was taken by Scott Kelby on a Canon R6. So having had a look i think the issue is with Adobe Camera Raw, not the camera. If i load the shot into ACR the fringing appears, if looked at in other apps there is no fringing. Which leads (me at least) to the conclusion that is an ACR issue and not the camera. I cant put the picture up to show as is not mine to share. Fringing appears when viewing in bridge also. When i looked to import it into LRC, it looked fine before import, but fringing shows once imported.
Your example shows the "correct" image to be a cropped version of the bad image.

We can't see what the dimensions of the bad image are, and if it was the R6 nameplate dimensions, whether the cropped (good) image was expanded to those dimensions.

Edit: OK, never mind. I think I have it figured out. The Adobe algorithms perform a lens correction. This involves moving pixels inward, and that leaves pixel trails at all four edges. Those margins should be cropped out but aren't in some cases.

Last edited:
That makes sense, and it's interesting because I never really thought about how a lens correction would work. Of course it has to move pixels.

Geek factor +1 would be seeing if Canon's LC moves the edge in by the same amount.

That makes sense, and it's interesting because I never really thought about how a lens correction would work. Of course it has to move pixels.

Geek factor +1 would be seeing if Canon's LC moves the edge in by the same amount.

The lens correction would depend on the lens, zoom, and focus distance. Pixels get moved for many reasons, for instance straightening a horizon, yet there are folks who won't crop because that blurs the image a bit due to pixel interpolation.

okay- I have had this happen to me. You need to turn off image lens correction in Camera Raw or Lightroom. For some reason the newest update did that with my 24-240. Sometimes there is more than one version of the auto correction you can use that won't give you this.

okay- I have had this happen to me. You need to turn off image lens correction in Camera Raw or Lightroom. For some reason the newest update did that with my 24-240. Sometimes there is more than one version of the auto correction you can use that won't give you this.
and D'oh I should have read all the replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back