ivesarch

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joel Ives
Hello Canon RF Shooters. I just joined the group. I've been shooting with Canon for about 40 years and just upgraded from 5D Mark IV to the R5. I'm an architect by profession and live in Fair Lawn, New Jersey USA. I've had great success with the "animal eye recognition." It is really amazing to me as someone who started shooting with ASA 25 Kodachrome years ago that I am now taking photographs usually at ISO 800. I love the 100-500 and have been using it handheld with the extra stops of stabilization. I am so pleased to be part of this group since its focus is on the equipment I use every day. I hope to learn a lot from everyone and occasionally share something that has some value to others.
Joel Ives

Welcome Joel and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the R5 + 100-500 as well, it is certainly a lovely combination!

Hello Canon RF Shooters. I just joined the group. I've been shooting with Canon for about 40 years and just upgraded from 5D Mark IV to the R5. I'm an architect by profession and live in Fair Lawn, New Jersey USA. I've had great success with the "animal eye recognition." It is really amazing to me as someone who started shooting with ASA 25 Kodachrome years ago that I am now taking photographs usually at ISO 800. I love the 100-500 and have been using it handheld with the extra stops of stabilization. I am so pleased to be part of this group since its focus is on the equipment I use every day. I hope to learn a lot from everyone and occasionally share something that has some value to others.
Joel Ives
Welcome

Welcome!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back