Following
Name
Jeff
City/State
Delaware
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hey y’all 👋
I’m a southerner stuck in Delaware, if you can’t tell 😂 I bought my first SLR in 1987 while serving in South Korea. Have loved photography ever since. I shot with Olympus cameras for several years while living in Arizona and Alaska, then switched to Canon when I moved to England in 1998. I’ve been shooting them ever since. Did some professional work while in Alaska, but mostly just an advanced hobbyist.

For about 8 years I worked at Canon Virginia, initially repairing and refurbishing DSLRs. I did that for about 6 years, much of it as the group leader of the DSLR refurbishing department, running the day-to-day operation of the department, as well as writing the training manuals for new cameras and training the inspectors on the new models, among many other tasks. I later moved to the Medical R&D department working on DNA analyzers as an Engineering Technician.

I like to shoot mostly wildlife and birds, landscapes and aviation. I am interested in product photography as well, but will shoot just about anything but portraits. Also looking to get started in cinematography.

I just got a refurbished (of course 😂) R7 in the mail today. Looking forward to taking many pictures to post here. I have several good EF lenses and I have an adapter for them on the way. Also looking at getting the RF 100-400 lens in a few months.

Welcome to the forum Jeff. I am a southerner (Mississippi) living in Germany. I am looking forward to seeing your images.

Welcome to the forum Jeff. I am a southerner (Mississippi) living in Germany. I am looking forward to seeing your images.
Thank you. I got to visit Germany when I lived in England. I like what little I got to see of it. I had the opportunity to move to Berlin at one time, but it was right when the Wall was coming down and no one really knew what was going to happen. I decided that was not a good time to move there lol

Welcome to the forum. It will be good to get your take on some of the Canon rumors that we hear (being a former Canon employee).

Hi Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Wilmington but have moved to PA. Got a R6M2 and trying to learn it. Going to take a while. We may be two of the few people with ties to DE!

Hi Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Wilmington but have moved to PA. Got a R6M2 and trying to learn it. Going to take a while. We may be two of the few people with ties to DE!
I know of a few very good landscape photographers in lower, slower DE, but I don’t know if any of them are members here.

Welcome to the forum. It will be good to get your take on some of the Canon rumors that we hear (being a former Canon employee).
I don’t know what rumors you’re referring to, but it’s been about 5 years since I worked at Canon so I doubt I could help with rumors. The EOS M cameras had just come out when I left the camera department for R&D.

Welcome to the forum Jeff and thanks for joining up here. Congratulations on the R7 as well, it sounds like you won't need too much help with it! However, if you have any questions about this forum please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the forum Jeff and thanks for joining up here. Congratulations on the R7 as well, it sounds like you won't need too much help with it! However, if you have any questions about this forum please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks, Tim.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back