Followers
Following
Name
Bob Ulius
City/State
Northborough, MA
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Stumbled across this site last night while Googling RF lens Firmware Versions - something I have never done before. Wondered if all my lenses were current and if not, what changed.

Shooting digital since late 90's. R since 2017-2018? Currently R3 and have had some issues resolved by Canon. VERY long stories.

Strong fondness for shooting live music, but can find myself shooting most anything. Last unusual was a Rescued Greyhound yearly reunion. Rare I will accept (for me) any photo not tack sharp. Subject has to be something that rises above the image quality. I'll post a few samples in a bit. Maybe not my most interesting shots but should show the techniques I strive for. Thinking its time to sell my prints and images - especially the musically historical. Unsure where would be my best bet. Also looking to buy a "sweet spot" slide scanner for the thousands of slides I have not seen in years and to cull the prizes I might find in the boxes.

Just moved to Massachusetts in 2022 after 52 years in California. Still learning my way around.

~Bob

Welcome Bob and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. I don't have too much experience with selling images online but I know Shopify is quite popular if you are looking to sell through your own site. Then there are all of the stock photo sites such as Getty. That sounds like a big move! How are you liking Massachusetts? I've been to Boston very briefly on a work trip many years ago, sadly we didn't get much time to explore.

Thanks. I want someone else to do the fullfillment. Print, frame, ship. There are a number of sights that offer this as opposed to the "stiock" sites like Getty and Adobe Stock that license the image. But those sites require model releases implying the images could be used commercially, i.e. to pitch a product. Not my desire nor do I have or will get model releases for my music and concert images.

I'll try to find some time this week to research. If I find something of inyterest I shall start a thread.

Not sure Massaachusetts is my happy place. Not sure where else to be looking. My compass seems stuck.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back