Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ed Cordes
City/State
Corning, NY
I know the R7 is backordered, and delivery is not certain. However my wife has been shooting with an 8 year old 7D2 and it's time to upgrade. Everything I read says this is a good move. We love the R5 we have been using fort he past 2 years so looking forward to crop sensor mirrorless. It seems like the R7 will be almost as good as the R5 in the AF department. Still waiting to see what the call is on the IQ and noise in the RAW files. I realize there is no certain delivery date but I thought I would get on the list now and if it turns out that the camera will not meet our needs I am sure someone will be happy to take my place in line. However, the difference in price between the R7 and R5 is about $2,000 +. This is a lot, so a little less weather sealing and a smaller sensor is an OK compromise for now. Again, let's see how the image noise turns out.

Yes, I have seen the lens/body kit being sold. It's not the money so much that keeps me from getting it but the fact I have several lenses that cover this focal length already. Like many others, I'm moving from the 7D MkII to the R7 and with the former I mainly used it for sports (grandkids school matches) and wildlife so mostly using longer primes and zooms. I've had great success with the Tamron 18-400mm lens, I usually have it on one of my Canon M5 bodies and the EF-M 11-22mm on the other. Great travel kit for me.
I finally decided to get the kit with the 18-150 because it was available. Plan was to sell the lens to MPB for about $350. However, the lens really isn't bad. It is very light weight. We decided to keep it as a general walk around lens for travel in various cities, museums social events, etc. That said the adapted EF 100-400 II L lives on the camera most of the time.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back