Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ed Cordes
City/State
Corning, NY
I know the R7 is backordered, and delivery is not certain. However my wife has been shooting with an 8 year old 7D2 and it's time to upgrade. Everything I read says this is a good move. We love the R5 we have been using fort he past 2 years so looking forward to crop sensor mirrorless. It seems like the R7 will be almost as good as the R5 in the AF department. Still waiting to see what the call is on the IQ and noise in the RAW files. I realize there is no certain delivery date but I thought I would get on the list now and if it turns out that the camera will not meet our needs I am sure someone will be happy to take my place in line. However, the difference in price between the R7 and R5 is about $2,000 +. This is a lot, so a little less weather sealing and a smaller sensor is an OK compromise for now. Again, let's see how the image noise turns out.

Congrats Ed! It does appear to be a lot of camera for the price. Hopefully they are able to meet the demand but it's already looking like there will be long delays. I'm just guessing those who ordered within an hour or two or the pre-orders going live will be lucky, or those who chose to go with smaller less well known stores providing they are allocated some stock. I only ordered a couple of days after the announcement so I'm expecting a long wait. But with the R5 to play with I'm not in any rush :)

I went through the same ting ordering my 2021 Corvette. I ordered in December 2020 and waited until late August '21 to take delivery at MSRP. We ordered a new garage door in May 2021 and finally had it installed in November 2021. The world is on backorder. We just have to deal with it.

Ordered and paid for one on B+H. They say ship on 6/23.

Good luck. B&H are usually pretty good about ship dates.

Got my R7 pre-ordered in UK with Jessops but they can't give any updated delivery estimates as of today
Wex couldn't give me an estimated delivery date either, although I ordered a couple of days after the announcement so I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

Seems like inventories in the US are still quite low. I ordered my R7 on 8/25 from Allen's Camera in Pennsylvania, a older family owned store that has a good reputation and includes free shipping and no Texas sales tax. Figured it was better to be on the waitlist then to try to wait and see when they appear elsewhere. Called yesterday but they said they still don't have any in stock. Feel like a 12 year old the week or so before Christmas.

Seems like inventories in the US are still quite low. I ordered my R7 on 8/25 from Allen's Camera in Pennsylvania, a older family owned store that has a good reputation and includes free shipping and no Texas sales tax. Figured it was better to be on the waitlist then to try to wait and see when they appear elsewhere. Called yesterday but they said they still don't have any in stock. Feel like a 12 year old the week or so before Christmas.
For the body only yes, with the kit 18-150 lens there is more availability if you don't mind the extra $400 too much. B&H have them in stock.

For the body only yes, with the kit 18-150 lens there is more availability if you don't mind the extra $400 too much. B&H have them in stock.
Yes, I have seen the lens/body kit being sold. It's not the money so much that keeps me from getting it but the fact I have several lenses that cover this focal length already. Like many others, I'm moving from the 7D MkII to the R7 and with the former I mainly used it for sports (grandkids school matches) and wildlife so mostly using longer primes and zooms. I've had great success with the Tamron 18-400mm lens, I usually have it on one of my Canon M5 bodies and the EF-M 11-22mm on the other. Great travel kit for me.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back