Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
John
City/State
Mansfield, UK
Hi,

I had two issues with my R6, which after poking around in menus and so on couldn't solve - simple things for some, but to me, I wondered if the camera I had bought was a duffer (its not, one was a very silly Canon default).

I would like to give shout-outs to @David Berry and @PKM-UK for their assistance, an absolute credit to this forum.

Thank you both again, the kids are baffled - they're not used to seeing me actually happy, and it's worrying them :D

For me this is why we visit this sort of online community and I hope, one day, to pay this back to someone else struggling with a new camera.

Hi,

I had two issues with my R6, which after poking around in menus and so on couldn't solve - simple things for some, but to me, I wondered if the camera I had bought was a duffer (its not, one was a very silly Canon default).

I would like to give shout-outs to @David Berry and @PKM-UK for their assistance, an absolute credit to this forum.

Thank you both again, the kids are baffled - they're not used to seeing me actually happy, and it's worrying them :D

For me this is why we visit this sort of online community and I hope, one day, to pay this back to someone else struggling with a new camera.
Hi John,

Cheers - much appreciated!

There always a learning curve with anything new (Canon not helping by doing some silly things… :rolleyes: ). Like you, I’ve benefited from advice given by various guiding hands along the way and it’s always nice to give something back in turn by helping others.

(Besides which it’s good to reinforce existing knowledge - and learn new things through researching answers).

:)

Phil

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back