Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
This is not political in any sense and the last thing I want is to start reading political opinions, it's not Canon relative either, sorry, it's all about the photographer that went forward instead of going backward.

Shutter speed 1/8000
ISO 1/50
f1.6

Still at 1/8000 he could not freeze the bullet! When I was watching the news I could not stop admiring those photographers lucky enough to be in the pool at that moment and how they reacted documenting the moment no thinking about the danger of the situation they were living at that moment. Amazing.

I was listening the comments of Jared Polin about this moment and I totally agree with him when he said that "Photo journalism" is something that will never be replaced by robots or AI of any kind.

And I have seen comments from the public when they criticize photographers for not doing something to help people or victims but photographers are wired in the different way, they are wired to document the moment.

Maybe, maybe not. I worked in print media for near 40 years. In the 80's the 4 color strippers said they would never be replaced. One day Photo Shop showed up. In 1999 Ray Kurzweil said by 2029 there will be AGI. Artificial General Intelligence. He recently updated his predictions. In 5 years AI will be as intelligent as humans. My 2045 humans will merge with AI. He calls it the singularity.

Maybe, maybe not. I worked in print media for near 40 years. In the 80's the 4 color strippers said they would never be replaced. One day Photo Shop showed up. In 1999 Ray Kurzweil said by 2029 there will be AGI. Artificial General Intelligence. He recently updated his predictions. In 5 years AI will be as intelligent as humans. My 2045 humans will merge with AI. He calls it the singularity.
And in that future that you are predicting cameras will not have any other mode but "AUTO powered by AI". :p

I see some sense in what you are saying but I want to believe that AI never will achieve in that short period what took humanity 300K years.

At one point there were speculations about video fully replacing photography. I believe that there always a need for a still image. AI can replace photography but authenticity will be always a huge factor. Some manufacturers are starting to include metadata in the images to authenticate that the image was not created by AI.

Coming back to this specific case, running toward the danger to document the situation may not be seen as a logical thing to do and ignored by AI as a possible scenario. :cool:

Human trials with brain chip implants have already started. I don't know the future but usually never say never.

Human trials with brain chip implants have already started. I don't know the future but usually never say never.
Human hybrids.... It has to be. Only humans will run to take a risk :p

Well, I am just going to have as much fun as I can taking photos before all that happens! :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back