Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Shirley Millington
City/State
Lightwater
Hi - I have recently come across Laowa lenses and they seem to have reasonable reviews.
I had considered the Laowa 100mm macro RF mount but wondered if anyone owned one and how they got on with it?

Only the Laowa 100 in EF mount has electrical coupling allowing the lens to stop down to working aperture but focus wide open. Manual focus is fine with me but I do not like the lack of aperture control and loss of EXIF. The EF 100 Laowa is a heavy beast and the focus ring turns the wrong way for a Canon. I'm keeping my old EF macro until it dies or Canon starts licensing their mount. I was considering the new Laowa 90 for work on a stand where the diaphragm issue would not be a problem but I'm hoping the lawyers involved work out something sooner than later.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back