Lets talk natural light , editing and Reflections in the day time , where my landscape photographers at? that might know the issue

behindthelens88

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Justin
Alright guy's usually i have no problems out of my canon imagprograf 1000 , and usually my prints come out flawless BUT.....im running into an isssue its making the reflection not as in depth as id like it to be now at first i thought it was my editing style so i took it back into Lightroom and even tried photoshop -but no change. It's like the reflection is literally just coming out lines now this is the first time i printed reflections in natural light during the day time so maybe it might be something in the editing style but im not 100% sure. Any help id very much appreciate everyone. Here is the photo im trying to get right
winter landscape 3 (1 of 1).jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 200

Really not sure what you're trying/expecting to get, but the "lines" you have are the ripples from the wind blowing across the water. You can't get a perfect reflection when it's not there to get. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say (the lack of punctuation doesn't help), so if you can clarify precisely what it is you're looking for it would help. Are you talking about printing the shot?!

Really not sure what you're trying/expecting to get, but the "lines" you have are the ripples from the wind blowing across the water. You can't get a perfect reflection when it's not there to get. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say (the lack of punctuation doesn't help), so if you can clarify precisely what it is you're looking for it would help. Are you talking about printing the shot?!
yeah sorry my puncuation is not that great , but whem i print it it almost looks like the reflection is dull i guess its kind of hard to explain unless seeing print first hand

yeah sorry my puncuation is not that great , but whem i print it it almost looks like the reflection is dull i guess its kind of hard to explain unless seeing print first hand
Printing is another thing entirely. If you're getting lines then it might mean your heads need cleaning. Otherwise it could be a combination of paper type and calibration between your monitor and printer. My brother is a whiz at that stuff, but you can go through 1/3 of your ink supply just to get the calibration correct between you monitor and the printer, but once you do it you're good. Looking at the shot I can see it falling flat on some paper types. Can't help you more than that.

Printing is another thing entirely. If you're getting lines then it might mean your heads need cleaning. Otherwise it could be a combination of paper type and calibration between your monitor and printer. My brother is a whiz at that stuff, but you can go through 1/3 of your ink supply just to get the calibration correct between you monitor and the printer, but once you do it you're good. Looking at the shot I can see it falling flat on some paper types. Can't help you more than that.
very very true and i know exatcly what you mean there it took me a good minutre to get my canon imagpro graf 1000 dialed in . but i will say im still very very happy with this printer. This is the first hickup i kind of had from it but i think i figured it out so one of the thing i had to do was replace the matience cartrige on her , which means she has a new cheap on the cartridge so you have to redownload the driver as well and making sure everything is setup correctly so sure enough it basically resets everything. So i went re-dialed it all in and sure enough a diffrent result then before that's for sure. So i wrote myself a note on to actually what happened so that anytime i have to replace the maitence mc-20 cartridge i know i have to set everything back into where it should be at. Thank you everyone for all of your help as well very much appreciated i hope that everyone has a great weekend.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back