LrC 13 is out

Thanks David, this is useful. Do you know if the advice applies to all Macs or only specific architecture (Intel or Apple Silicon)?

13.0.1 did not work on my 2019 iMac intel. The “roll back”’to v13 was easy with no issues. I would not hesitate trying 13.0.01. I’m going to wait for 13.0.2. I have not seen enough bugs on v13 to feel compelled to try 13.0.2 again.

It worked on my 2020 MacBook Air M1.

I read on the Adobe Community forums it may have something to do with masking but I’m not sure that is the issue. I do know this. My Air is a travel laptop and currently has 3 files on it with minimal processing. My iMac catalogue has tons of masking adjustments.

The Adobe rep (Rick) who posts at Adobe and the Lightroom Queen sites says it has to do with a bad install and it needs to be a clean one. Maybe masking is part of that. There is a process but like stated it appears to not be working for everyone.

There won't be a 13.0.2. Rikk Flohr's message updated and pinned at the top of every page.

If you want to proceed and because the issue was fixed at the Adobe servers you can try and just update. It won't do any harm if it crashes the you open it. You can always follow the uninstall and reinstall 13.0.1 procedure.

I sure like the Point Color feature. The best part is it's available in masking. Still needs a little refining but a welcome feature.

I sure like the Point Color feature. The best part is it's available in masking. Still needs a little refining but a welcome feature.

Another good example the potential uses of this new tool can be found in this YouTube tutorial from Colin Smith (photoshopCAFE).

Phil

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back