Mac Sonoma Released

Only RF

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
I installed it on the 2019 Intel iMac and 2020 MacBook Air M1. I have the latest LrC (12.5) and PS 2024 (25.0.0). LrC is fine and I was able to send a file to PS and back. Adobe Denoise AI was not any faster on either.

All works well including Canon's DPP and Topaz Sharpen AI. I don't have DXO products on my machine anymore. I don’t have a high end printer but my HP 3833 printed from Mac Pages and LrC.

It may be my last year of version upgrades for the iMac. Apple is phasing out Intel. They should provide security updates for the next two versions and by then it will be time to replace it.

I have to update my Macs with this and Luminar Neo has an update. Probably should do the Mac first.

As for dropping the Intel Macs, I can tell you the M2 Macs are pretty impressive. I have an 8gb base model Air, which is pretty fast. I also have a 16gb M2 Pro (Pro Chip) and it MOVES.

My lowly 2020 M1 Air is much faster with 16GB RAM than my 2019 iMac is with 64GB for many things. My iMac has 8GB VRAM so Adobe Denoise takes about 33 seconds. Just over a minute for the Air. There is a bug in Venturas Neural engine that is preventing its full use. Looks like they have not resolved that with Sonoma. Hopefully soon.

Check this out. It may have been available before but I didn't know. It tells me when the caps are locked. Kinda handy. Also Safari has new icons like Firefox. Woohoo :rolleyes:
Screenshot-2023-09-28-at-12.17.04 PM.jpg

Screenshot-2023-09-28-at-1.18.33 PM.jpg

Very happy to report that Topaz Labs Studio 2 is still working... :)

(My other photographic software seems to be working as expected too - DxO/ Nik, Adobe and Topaz. Performance is unchanged as far as I can tell).

Phil

Have also installed, not seeing any issues. Havent tried all software such as Topaz yet, but Photoshop and Bridge are fine.
Is this really the last OS for the intel macs? if so great excuse to get an IMAC instead of my Macbook Pro.

Who knows. Just speculating based on what I have been reading. My 2019 iMac was OK but 2018 and older do not qualify.

2018 iMac Pro can still get the upgrade.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back