JoeTheSnowPlowGuy

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
AJ
I'm using an M2 MacBook Air for my editing (Luminar Neo & Topaz Suite). I have all my cameras set to sRGB. I use the appropriate Canon camera profiles in Neo. I am able to change the color profile on my MacBook display and I have a bunch of options, of which a few are- Color LCD (default), sRGB IEC61966-2.1, and Display P3. Should I set my color profile to sRGB to match the color and camera profiles coming through in the .CR3 files, or does this make little difference if I leave the computer color profile at Color LCD? I know having a custom profile for my panel made is the best option, but I currently don't have that available to me. Thanks. (I'm currently not using an external monitor. My monitor was stolen by my 10 year old for Fortnite and Rocket League...it's an HP gaming monitor and it's "so smooth Dad, can I keep it?") I'm looking at the calibrated BenQ and Asus Art monitors.

Your in camera selection of sRGB doesn't affect your .CR3 Raw files. The color profile is assigned by your PP software whether as a default, or it uses the data from the camera profiles (but not the RAW). Your OOC jpegs will have the assigned color space. I don't know what you do with your photos, but I have found that (using LrC ) best practice is to edit in ProPhoto RGB and only go to sRGB for output. Set your monitor for P3 as it's the widest color space.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back