NEEWER Battery Charger Problem?

The battery info in the viewfinder shows a battery with no bars in it.Empty but not red.
When I turned the camera on it said the battery wasn't recognised, just like the !DX2 did with my Hahnel battery that the 1DX was happy to read. Canon also seemed to manage to nobble the Canon charger to stop it charging the 3rd party battery but at least the Neewer one has just recharged in the Canon one to a full green light. I'll check the menu option later .

Hi Dave, do have more than one Neewer batteries, is the same on each of them? I have been running 1.8.1 for a while and have not seen this issue with any of the neewer batteries

How very weird. Both my Neewer batteries now seem to work perfectly including the one that didn't before. I checked both as I'm not sure which was which!

Glad they are ok again :) I was aware that Canon have declared war on the fake batteries but the third party ones have never been and issue and until Canon's own are a more reasonable price I will use third party ones and neewer are the best NH bettery I have found so far.

There is a new firmware 1.8.2 in serviced cameras, lets hope it likes Neewer batteries, I will wait for others to install I think :)

I have 2 Canon R5 batteries and 4 Smartree 3rd party batteries from eBay. My battery charger is by Andoer and chargers 4 batteries at a time. All were cheap except the extra R5 one which I bought when I got the R5 last April. The charger has no problem charging all 6 batteries including the R5's.
I get about the same time and usage out of the 3rd party batteries as the original R5's. I use a battery grip so I have always got 2 batteries in camera and 4 spares. I have no problems with any of them. If I recall I got the 4 3rd party batteries included with the battery charger.

Just a quick heads-up for any UK Amazon Prime members: the Neweer triple-battery set is on sale for £57, rather than £71. Nowhere near as good as my bargain of a few months ago, but perhaps worth a look.

I looked at the Neewer batteries, but I stuck with Canon OEM. I am able to shoot an entire days event, about 5 hours of on time and over 1500 photos with the R6Mk2 and I’ll be at 50% battery by the end of the day. I have three LP-E6NH Canon batteries and I don’t think I need any extras.

Just a quick heads-up for any UK Amazon Prime members: the Neweer triple-battery set is on sale for £57, rather than £71. Nowhere near as good as my bargain of a few months ago, but perhaps worth a look.
Thanks for the heads up. Even at £57 you can buy 6 for the price of one Canon one and I find they perform equally well. Canon don’t make batteries, they outsource them to China but for many the brand name is all that matters. It’s a matter of trust and perceived quality. I only buy Canon lenses for the same reason. Probably stupid! Not long ago Samsung was a “Mickey Mouse “ company but look at them now. On the other hand look at Hoover, Kodak and Saab. All but gone.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back