Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
New firmware update for Canon R6.

Firmware Version 1.9.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Enables functions to be used without limitation in conjunction with the new Battery Pack LP-E6P. This makes it possible to shoot at the same continuous shooting speed as when using LP-E6NH. In-camera charging of LP-E6P is also supported.
2. The following issues have been fixed:
a. Fixes an issue, in which when shooting subjects that are smaller in the frame, the card access indicator blinks and operations can no longer be performed.
b. Fixes an issue, in which when performing shooting in high-speed continuous shooting + mode with the [Highlight Tone Priority] option set to [ON], focus may not be achieved when certain ISO speed settings are used.

If the camera's firmware is already Version1.9.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

Multiple cameras got them. R7 too.

Screenshot-2024-09-27-at-2.16.51 PM.jpg

I think that the most important feature added is the full support to the new battery which basically indicates that Canon probably will discontinue the old battery.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back