Onesickpuppy

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Rod Jeffers
Hello everyone........I just joined the group because I recently got a R6 body...and wish to be able to relate to other users of the same gear.
I have been a Canon user for over 20 years....My primary in photography is Motorsports with Wildlife as secondary. I also have maintained a mentorship program
to assist those that are new to photography or looking to improve their capacity behind a camera. As stated, I just got the R6 since my preorder of the R3 is still not here
and I felt that it would be a solid companion to the R3 when it shows up. I sold my 1Dx3 to help fund the R3 (originally it was for the R1--but it got pulled back) and still have and use my 1Dx2. I also have several other bodies.....7D2, 80D and a 6D. I'll be selling the 80 and 6D soon to help fund other "accessories". Motorsports is normally late April through Sept....and my primary subject of wildlife is Eagles which show up in late Nov through Dec. I look forward to being an active member and willing to assist as I can on any questions.

Attachments

• RB__9990rbi.jpg
    RB__9990rbi.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 34
Here is my gear list...sometimes when someone sees a lens or body they are contemplating getting, they like to ask questions on that item.
I'm 100% all Canon products.....I have tried third party units and over time have found that I wouldn't get the quality I was after with them.

Bodies (currently) 1Dx2, R6, 7D2, 80D, 6D.......R3 on order......eventually a R1

Glass (long to short) 400 IS 2.8 vs3, 200 F2, 70-200 2.8 vs3, RF24-105 F4, 24-105 F4, 24-70 2.8 vs2, 16-35 F4, 135 F2, 100 2.8 macro, 100 F2, 50 1.4, 10-22 EFS 3.5/4.5, (2) 2x TC's vs3, (2) 1.4 TC's vs3

Welcome Rod and thank you for joining up here! Great shot too! Hopefully you don't have too long to wait for your R3 order. It seems they are slowly being received by those who pre-ordered early. I'm not one of them though, happy with my R5 for now! :) If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask. Have a lovely Christmas too!

I just hope that setting up the R3 isn't as confusing as the R6 has been to me......

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back