Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joseph Boza
City/State
Phoenix, Arizona
Purple leaf plum blossoms located at the Japanese Friendship Garden in downtown Phoenix, Arizona.

Simply beautiful.

Spring 2023

japanese-friendship-garden_20230311_boza_005.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 98.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

Very nice image. The bokeh looks really smooth in my opinion, especially with the lens being stopped down a stop.

Very nice image. The bokeh looks really smooth in my opinion, especially with the lens being stopped down a stop.
Thank you. I agree with the feedback - I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this image. I took several frames with different settings and this was by far the best version. The fact that it was so unexpected on the 24-105 made it really nice.

Last edited:
It's a really nice image, I love the smooth bokeh in the background and I was surprised to see it was from the 24-205. I do like that lens alot.

It's a really nice image, I love the smooth bokeh in the background and I was surprised to see it was from the 24-205. I do like that lens alot.
Thanks @Hali - I am suspecting that a good ratio of close-focus and relative distance to the background elements really helped. This lens can be very surprising and I get more impressed with it the more it's used.

Thanks @Hali - I am suspecting that a good ratio of close-focus and relative distance to the background elements really helped. This lens can be very surprising and I get more impressed with it the more it's used.
It is quite a useful lens, isn't it? I find I reach for it often, unless I've got something special I'm going out to shoot. It also plays very nicely with my full spectrum infrared converted camera, something I can't say for many lenses.

I have two of these trees in my front yard.. Love the spring when they really pop! Beautiful images.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back