Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Just curious if anyone wishes that the electronic shutter on the R5 would have a sound option, so you actually know when you have pressed the shutter button and captured an image.

I find when using the electronic shutter it's far too easy to trigger the shutter when focussing, and often I don't even know that I've done it because the shutter button is so sensitive.

I also use a Sony a9 which provides an option to turn on sound when using the electronic shutter and this works well. It's only a very quiet sound (much quieter than the mechanical shutter) but it's good to get that audible feedback, and you can still disable it if you really need complete silence.

I find myself using the mechanical shutter on the R5 more often than the electronic just so I know when I've taken a shot, but I would use the electronic shutter more often if there was some audible feedback.

I'm not against the option of shutter sound but pro silence in public hides and other places.Those with older cameras will not be able to use them in some places now it seems.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back