Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Was in big smoke last weekend.

My camera shop had a grand opening at a new site.

Reps from all companies of course.

Asked canon about anything new on the way "mostly lenses" ahh what about R5ii "will see a R1 before updated R5" rightly or wrongly was his comment. Our "bread and butter camera is r6ii"

Same rep that told someone the R1 would be announced in Q1 2023? ;)

If a Canon rep tells you anything about something that's not out yet you can be sure it's simply anything to get you to stop asking. And if they know you they'll tell you something different than they told the other guy they know to see which of those things pops up somewhere first. That's not a knock on Canon reps, and I'm not calling what he said complete BS, that's just the way it is. Why do you think CR is constantly confirming and then questioning specs on upcoming releases?

With the Paris games coming I have no doubt we'll see the R1 soon. But I'm still saving money like the R5ii will be announced in Feb.

From what i have read round and about i believe the R1 will be launched in time for the next summer Olympics, which is July 24.

he did say catergorically yes there will be R1 , R5ii not yet, above statement said sick og getting asked he said no all questions actually about new 200/600 real nice guy.
wandered up to him was on his own his first question after exchanging names "what do you shoot" told him of problem previous day trying to shoot lightning previous day with longish exposure in reasonably sunny conditions and then night shooting and how easy it is. And still hadnt asked about my cameras eventually "you have mirrorless" yes "R6 or R6ii" yes , "tis what i would suggest for you"

A pro photgraphy once said to me good camera sales people find out precisely what you shoot first and budget before any suggstions of camera

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back