Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake Kurdsjuk
City/State
Washington, NJ
I had captured the Blue Moon with the R7 and 100-500mm and started wondering why I hadn't tried the 800mm. So a couple mornings later I went out and gave it a shot and was really happy with the way the IBIS allowed me to capture it handheld. After shooting the moon I saw this bright star to the right of it and decided, what the heck?! When I zoomed in this is what I saw (image was cropped and then magnified 4x using Topaz Gigapixel AI):

R71_7108-CR3-gigapixel-hq-scale-4_00x-2-Edit-sharpened.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600

Not tack sharp, but what do you want from a $900 lens handheld?! :) Here's the moon shot:

R71_7044-CR3-Edit-sharpened.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600

Great shot of the moon, Jake. What is the top photo, Venus? Still not bad from a $900 lens. I have one myself to compliment my R5.
I'll be putting it to good use and posting on here for member perusal and CC.

Great shot of the moon, Jake. What is the top photo, Venus? Still not bad from a $900 lens. I have one myself to compliment my R5.
I'll be putting it to good use and posting on here for member perusal and CC.
Should have said - it's Jupiter, with a focal distance of 444 million miles/715 million km.

I thought that at first but couldnt see the big storm spot so assumed venus. Still, not bad for 715 mill kms away and only with a camera.

I thought that at first but couldnt see the big storm spot so assumed venus. Still, not bad for 715 mill kms away and only with a camera.
My understanding is the big spot has become less colored and pronounced, so it may be hiding. :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back