R7 help

I will just keep at it

Although the AF system in these cameras is pretty advanced, and has been called revolutionary, it can be a bit finiky and definitely requires a lot of practice to become familiar. There are imperfections, nuances and idiosyncrasies in its behavior that you should be aware of, and that will only come with more use. There's also quite a bit of settings that finetune how AF behaves, and different situations may call for different settings. There is at least one thread here discussing AF techniques for birding, I suggest you read through it to see how different people set up their cameras for quick and versatile focusing on moving subjects.

I was trying out my r7 , (just got it yesterday) my plan was to get some garden birds on the wing. I found the tracking very slow nd like you the second or third shot was blurred. I also found the screen view very peculiar as m used to a view finder. I was getting quite despondent but Had a strong cup of tea and re read the manual again ! I adjusted the settings using case 4 AF and putting the tracking sensitivity to max along with the acceleration on max, it really helped and I got much better results . I tried both my Tamton 150-600 and my trusty canon70-200 with the adapter. The canon was faster to lock on focus . I realise these new cameras are very different to what I am used to so can see there will be lots of testing , tea, re reading the manual, wine, hair pulling and pondering before I get proficient! I am looking forward to it 😂 Cheers.

Attachments

• A5BD34CA-C29E-4EB0-A296-02AE47D14348.jpeg
    A5BD34CA-C29E-4EB0-A296-02AE47D14348.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 72
I was trying out my r7 , (just got it yesterday) my plan was to get some garden birds on the wing. I found the tracking very slow nd like you the second or third shot was blurred. I also found the screen view very peculiar as m used to a view finder. I was getting quite despondent but Had a strong cup of tea and re read the manual again ! I adjusted the settings using case 4 AF and putting the tracking sensitivity to max along with the acceleration on max, it really helped and I got much better results . I tried both my Tamton 150-600 and my trusty canon70-200 with the adapter. The canon was faster to lock on focus . I realise these new cameras are very different to what I am used to so can see there will be lots of testing , tea, re reading the manual, wine, hair pulling and pondering before I get proficient! I am looking forward to it 😂 Cheers.
putting the tracking sensitivity to max along with the acceleration on max ?
-2 sensitivity + 2 accélération ?
Thanks

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back