Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Varying quality varying price.

Inevitably i get caught in rain during storms.

No i wont stay out in teeming rain but some rain before it sets in i would often like to stay a few minutes longer or photograph until it passes.

Came across these PortaBrace. Not budget but not super expensive what does everybody use?

Attachments

• rain cover11.jpg
    rain cover11.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19
  • rain cover21.jpg
    rain cover21.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 21
I would be interested in what the clear plastic looks like after a couple years exposed to the elements....does it yellow?

Good question guess if you only use it a few times a year should last a while?

thinkTANK Photo Emergency Rain Cover is what I have in case I need it. I haven't actually used it in rain as I am basically made of sugar and will melt....haha. But, it seems to be of typical thinkTANK quality.

Hi Peter,

I think for your planned extended/ repeated use (particularly with the hot shoe attachment requirement) such an accessory would probably be a very worthwhile and practical investment, providing extended usability and peace of mind.

We bought some rain covers a few years back for a trip where a good drenching was anticipated. Although clunky to fit - and use, they did keep our kit drier than would otherwise have been the case (it was VERY wet where we went!).

Given their inherent 'pain in the @ss' factor' we now tend to use lightweight, disposable mark I shopping bags, or else improvise with snoods for casual caught in the rain scenarios. (However both these alternatives have some issues).

Our other occasional solution to keep the rain at bay - Karen holding an umbrella - wouldn't be likely to end particularly well on your lightening shoots... 😂

Phil

Last edited:
above cover presume r5 cover will fit r6 cant be that different.

also alot of lightning excursions you haveto finish for safety often comes to a point heck id better get out of here

I forgot...I also have some really cheap, disposable shower caps in each of my camera bags/backpacks that will stretch and fit over the camera and lens in an emergency situation. But, they can't really be used while shooting, just to offer some level of protection against rain etc.

I forgot...I also have some really cheap, disposable shower caps in each of my camera bags/backpacks that will stretch and fit over the camera and lens in an emergency situation. But, they can't really be used while shooting, just to offer some level of protection against rain etc.
I also have the EMERGENCY shower cap as a backup. Out-of-town Motels are fantastic places to stay for obtaining free camera accessories. 😂

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back