Followers
Following
Name
Dean M
City/State
Manchester UK
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
As a new canon shooter can anyone tell me if I will lose any functionality or resolution when using the EF -RF converter.
I have a 70-200 EF lens that I have had for some time and not used and thought I would use this until I can upgrade with an RF zoom for shooting speed sports.
I am pretty sure my body is a grey import as it came with a non UK charger and had the menus set to Japanese.
Took a while to find my way through the menus in Japanese and now all set to English.
Was supplied by a UK company and have 2 year warranty (I hope) but confident I shouldn’t need it.

Last edited:
Solution
As a new canon shooter can anyone tell me if I will lose any functionality or resolution when using the EF -RF converter.
I have a 70-200 EF lens that I have had for some time and not used and thought I would use this until I can upgrade with an RF zoom for shooting speed sports.
I am pretty sure my body is a grey import as it came with a non UK charger and had the menus set to Japanese.
Took a while to find my way through the menus in Japanese and now all set to English.
Was supplied by a UK company and have 2 year warranty (I hope) but confident I shouldn’t need it.
No. You will not! Canon did a great job with the converters. I own two and have had no problems with using any of my ef lenses on any of my r bodies
No. You will not! Canon did a great job with the converters. I own two and have had no problems with using any of my ef lenses on any of my r bodies

Solution
That is really good news and helps in searching out more great lenses.
The only issue I see at the moment with owning an R is the limited choice & and very high cost of RF glass.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
There are 3rd party adapters cheaper than Canon's. All of them work very well so far.

There are 3rd party adapters cheaper than Canon's. All of them work very well so far.
Thanks for the information.
I already have the Canon converter but will certainly be looking at reviews of other makes of lenses.
Thanks

I shoot with the converter and a Sigma 60-600mm lens and other Canon EF lenses as well with no problems at all. Images are sharp and focus is fast and accurate. Everything works as it should. Make sure your firmware on lens and camera have been updated recently. Good luck with your new equipment.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back