Birds Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

dgphoto8

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Don
A rose-breasted grosbeak in our backyard. We sometimes have a grosbeak pair visit our feeders in the Spring and summer, but so far have just seen this male bird a couple of times. He actually posed for a fairly long time (~ 1 min) on the branch before being displaced by a grackle. He returned later and took some food from the feeder. We're hoping the pair hangs around and breeds so we can see more of them over the summer
20230513_7452.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 800

A rose-breasted grosbeak in our backyard. We sometimes have a grosbeak pair visit our feeders in the Spring and summer, but so far have just seen this male bird a couple of times. He actually posed for a fairly long time (~ 1 min) on the branch before being displaced by a grackle. He returned later and took some food from the feeder. We're hoping the pair hangs around and breeds so we can see more of them over the summer View attachment 16039
What a gorgeous bird! Well executed shot. Looks like the RF800 lens is very good too.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back