Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Scott A
City/State
Southern California
The San Francisco 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams, January 9, 2022, at SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles.

20220109-8P1A0363.JPG 20220109-8P1A0377.JPG 20220109-8P1A0399.JPG 20220109-8P1A0405.JPG 20220109-8P1A0426.JPG 20220109-8P1A0428.JPG 20220109-8P1A0489.JPG 20220109-8P1A0493.JPG 20220109-8P1A0539.JPG 20220109-8P1A0557.JPG 20220109-8P1A0570.JPG 20220109-8P1A0593.JPG 20220109-8P1A0597.JPG 20220109-8P1A0614.JPG 20220109-8P1A0639.JPG

I shoot NFL from the field... was the Minnesota Vikings team shooter from 2004-2010. Now I cover games for Getty Images. Shooting R5, R3 and various RF lenses. Primary lens is an adapted EF 400mm f2.8 and sometimes a 1.4x. Let me know if you have any question! I can answer anything but the "how do I get field credentials?" question.

I shoot NFL from the field... was the Minnesota Vikings team shooter from 2004-2010. Now I cover games for Getty Images. Shooting R5, R3 and various RF lenses. Primary lens is an adapted EF 400mm f2.8 and sometimes a 1.4x. Let me know if you have any question! I can answer anything but the "how do I get field credentials?" question.

That's awesome. I'm hoping one day I get credentials for Seahawks, I know one person who shoots for them, and connected with another one (don't know him really, just connected and chatted couple times). At least on my friend's case, he just was in right place at right moment and had the right connections. I'm still working up my skills until I can dream to be there for real.

I guess I could ask how did you became Getty shooter? I have account with them but I've only posted some random stuff for stock photos, nothing special. Couple times I've covered the world championship for specific (unknown) sports (kendo), and I tried submitting those pictures and they responded they don't need such pics from me. (I forget the actual wording, it sounded like they wanted pics from big games only from dedicated Getty shooters, not some random people). Was there some process to become one of those so you can properly submit stuff?

That's awesome. I'm hoping one day I get credentials for Seahawks, I know one person who shoots for them, and connected with another one (don't know him really, just connected and chatted couple times). At least on my friend's case, he just was in right place at right moment and had the right connections. I'm still working up my skills until I can dream to be there for real.

I guess I could ask how did you became Getty shooter? I have account with them but I've only posted some random stuff for stock photos, nothing special. Couple times I've covered the world championship for specific (unknown) sports (kendo), and I tried submitting those pictures and they responded they don't need such pics from me. (I forget the actual wording, it sounded like they wanted pics from big games only from dedicated Getty shooters, not some random people). Was there some process to become one of those so you can properly submit stuff?
So everyone gets confused when Getty is mentioned. There are two very distinct divisions. Stock and Editorial. Within editorial there are the following divisions: Sports, Entertainment, News, and Paid Assignments (Commercial). I contract with the editorial side not the stock side. 20+ years ago I started shooting entertainment for a company called WireImage. About two years after I started working with them they were purchased by Getty Images. That relationship lead to me having other contracts with the editorial division, namely sports, news and paid assignments. So basically, it's timing, ability and who you know.

Right. Some random stuff I have are under the Getty Creative uploads but the sports items I tried to upload to the editorial and they responded no interest, I guess they only want those from actual contracted people like you.

I'm shooting Canada Jr. Nationals this spring, would be fun if I could upload those too but sounds like I need to be at correct place at correct time to get to that level.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back