Paul Iddon

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Iddon
Typical house spider, Eratigena sp. female in the garden amongst the leaf litter and stones on the ground. She has lovely eyes.

spi_a_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160
spi_b_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160

Paul.

She might have lovely eyes, but I still don't trust her....:D.

As usual, very nice image.

Is this image taken with the 60mm Laowa as stated on the image itself, or with a 50mm as stated under the image?

And you mentioned earlier that you use a dual flash set-up. Would you mind being a bit more specific with a model etc? I have been dabbling in macro for the last year and am definitely in the learning stage. Your images look wonderful to me so I have to be nosy....

She might have lovely eyes, but I still don't trust her....:D.

As usual, very nice image.

Is this image taken with the 60mm Laowa as stated on the image itself, or with a 50mm as stated under the image?

And you mentioned earlier that you use a dual flash set-up. Would you mind being a bit more specific with a model etc? I have been dabbling in macro for the last year and am definitely in the learning stage. Your images look wonderful to me so I have to be nosy....

It's on the LAOWA 60mm. Not sure why the forum software states otherwise - maybe it's using a "best guess" on images that has an all manual lens which doesn't record the exif. It's also taken at f/8, though it has at least correctly displayed the ISO and shutter speed.

The flash is a Yongnuo YN24EX and the two flash heads are at around 10 to and 10 past on the flash holder ring on the front of the lens. On the heads are small diffusers (3D printed from someone on Facebook) to soften and spread of the light. They work reasonably well, but I think there is room for improvement. Many people use a single flash with a larger diffuser which would spread the light further.

20220120_140056-XL.jpg

Leroy_Diffusion_01%20copy-XL.jpg

Leroy_Diffusion_2%20copy-XL.jpg

Hope that helps Bryan.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. I have been using a single flash with one of those cheap diffusors that goes around the lens and sticks up in front of the flash. It does work well, but I think I can see a difference with the dual flash as you have here.

I think the only way you could improve the light quality with yours would be if the diffusors were larger, but even then I can imagine that the improvement might not be worth the effort. Thanks again for the info and especially the pics.

She might have lovely eyes, but She as hairy legs, not my type mate , she is all yours LOL

She's definitely got beautiful eyes. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She probably would think our eyes are quite ugly. Lovely lady doing her job in the garden.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back