Birds Snowy Egret with breakfast and more.

Tappa

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Gary Truchelut
A good friend and I headed south last Sunday morning and ended up a Brazos Bend State Park, near Rosenburg, Texas. I've been there many times but this trip the weather was perfect and there were so many birds of all descriptions. We walked over 4 miles of trails around some shallow lakes and spent about 5 hours taking images as we went. These are several of my many favorites from that morning. I was shooting with the r5 coupled with the Sigma 60-600mm set on 600mm. I ran all the CRW files through DxO and then into LRc for final editing. I think I'm finally getting the results from this camera and lens combo that I was hoping for.

Attachments

• _E7A2548-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    _E7A2548-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 46
  • _E7A1952-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    _E7A1952-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 36
  • _E7A1954-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    _E7A1954-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 42
  • _E7A1471-CR3_DxO_PRIME-4.jpg
    _E7A1471-CR3_DxO_PRIME-4.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 41
  • _E7A2068-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    _E7A2068-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 49
  • _E7A1506-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    _E7A1506-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 37
  • _E7A2080-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    _E7A2080-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 41
Beautiful captures. Looks like a great place for birding.
Thank you. It is a wonderful place and it's deserted in the early morning so lots of birds. If you move slowly you can get fairly close to most of them.

Nice work. I live over in Kingwood and have been thinking of doing a morning trip to Brazos Bend, your images are the push I needed!

Nice work. I live over in Kingwood and have been thinking of doing a morning trip to Brazos Bend, your images are the push I needed!
That's great, glad to be of service. You won't be disappointed.

A good friend and I headed south last Sunday morning and ended up a Brazos Bend State Park, near Rosenburg, Texas. I've been there many times but this trip the weather was perfect and there were so many birds of all descriptions. We walked over 4 miles of trails around some shallow lakes and spent about 5 hours taking images as we went. These are several of my many favorites from that morning. I was shooting with the r5 coupled with the Sigma 60-600mm set on 600mm. I ran all the CRW files through DxO and then into LRc for final editing. I think I'm finally getting the results from this camera and lens combo that I was hoping for.
Thats a lovely glow effect on the egret, did that just happen or did you do some processing to bring it out?

Thats a lovely glow effect on the egret, did that just happen or did you do some processing to bring it out?
That effect was made by the reflection of light off the ripples in the water's surface from the bird's plunge to capture it's meal. I have seen this before , but in this instance it really added something to the image. In answer to your question, I didn't do anything to enhance the effect in post.