Spider & Moon Merge

mimigamez

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mimi Gamez
Walking around this morning, I saw an orb-weaver spider that had weaved it's web between my driveway, off two trees on opposite side of the driveway. When I looked up at it, the moon was behind it and it looked like it was hanging from the moon.

Here is my merge & the two photos I used. I probably should have used a tripod, but I was just snapping pictures to get a feel for the camera.

Looking at it now, I feel that the moon is too small, and it doesn't quite work.

spider_moon_merge.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1000
MIMI1659.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1000
MIMI1660.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1000

It works. And a larger moon would probably reduce the impact in my humble opinion. But, it is an opinion!

Thank you, ACEkin. I hate spiders, but the image is growing on me.

Interesting pic. I wonder how focus bracketing would work in that situation. The spider would have to be still for a couple of seconds.

Interesting pic. I wonder how focus bracketing would work in that situation. The spider would have to be still for a couple of seconds.
The spider does stay still. It’s still in the same place as yesterday. I’ve never tried focus bracketing. I’ve heard of it, but don’t know how go about doing it. I guess I’ll be researching today.

I agree the moon should be bigger. In PP that would be easily achieved and give you an awesome picture.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back