TonyB

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
Space X's Falcon 9 launches from Kennedy Space Center on October 8, 2022 at 7:05pm EDT. First time I shot a launch with daylight. I used a 6 stop ND filter and after made a note to use a 10 stop next time.

A1100B08-D6DF-4DC5-B747-4B5740EA7AA2.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/20
  • 150 sec
  • ISO 100

Very different for me to see something like this. I like it.

Paul.

Very nice Tony. Must be a great experience.

Fantastic photo and to be on the Florida coast to see it is just amazing.

nice image. I've been dying to capture a launch. I was down a week and a half ago and missed a launch by a few hours.

Very different for me to see something like this. I like it.

Paul.
Thanks, Paul

Very nice Tony. Must be a great experience.
Thanks, Timothy. It‘s always fun to be at the beach on a beautiful night. The launch really gave it that extra punch.

Fantastic photo and to be on the Florida coast to see it is just amazing.
Thanks, Mike. I live about 6 miles from the ocean and we see the launches all the time. My favorite spots are on the beach, on a bridge in Titusville and at Port Canaveral. I need to locate a few good spots on US-1, across the river from the launch pads.

nice image. I've been dying to capture a launch. I was down a week and a half ago and missed a launch by a few hours.
Thanks, Andrew. There are a lot more coming up so if you‘re coming down this way again and have control over the dates, keep an eye on https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/ for upcoming launches. Maybe we’ll run into each other.

Saw this as I was driving from Ft. Myers to DeLand after picking my Mom up. Wasn't sure what it was at the time but figured it had to be a launch.

I wish the Artemis launch wasn't in the middle of the night. Going to try and get that one from a distance.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back