Kamoshika

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David
A couple of surfing shots from last weekend.
surf1.jpg
surf2.jpg
surf3.jpg
surf4.jpg

I love photographing surfers but unfortunately I don't get much opportunity here in SE Texas. Galveston is not known for its surfing waves.

I love photographing surfers but unfortunately I don't get much opportunity here in SE Texas. Galveston is not known for its surfing waves.
Luckily, I live about a 25 minute drive from one of the best surfing beaches in Japan. It's open Pacific Ocean all the way down to New Guinea, so the waves can get rather big at times.

I'll just add to this thread. Here are some shots from yesterday...big waves and very windy
surfing1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 800
surfing2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 640
surfing3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 800
. Hard to get shots with all the spray. Luckily, I brought my waterproof cover (lots of blowing sand and water), which seem to work well enough for the 50 bucks I paid for it.

What do you have?
This thing. Actually, it was the first time I used it (bought it, I think, 10 months ago). It covered my RF 100-500 w/1.4 extender no problem. The end around the lens hood stayed fairly secure--just a little slippage--and at the camera end, I tightened it so the side of the eyepiece blocked it on one side with just enough room on the other to slip my hand in. I was thinking I might glue a couple of small rubber door bumpers on the lens hood to prevent any slippage.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back