From the Shinkansen (bullet train)
fuji1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 500

From the top of the Landmark Tower in Yokohama (the tallest building in Japan for a long time, now 3rd)
fuji2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 250

In the sunset behind the Port of Yokohama
fuji3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

I was stationed in Japan in the early 60s. I remember a saying that went something like this:

"Anyone who doesn't climb Mt. Fuji is a fool, anyone who climbs it twice is a bigger fool"

I was a fool:unsure:

Lou

Nice. Thanks for the memories. We seen it as well on the bullet train on the way to Kyoto. We were in that building too. We want to go back.

Very nice! I will show these to my daughter. She lived in Japan in Katsushika-ku for a year on a Rotary Student Exchange program and loved Japan. Thank you.

Last edited:
I was stationed in Japan in the early 60s. I remember a saying that went something like this:

"Anyone who doesn't climb Mt. Fuji is a fool, anyone who climbs it twice is a bigger fool"

I was a fool:unsure:

Lou
I've been tempted to climb it again, but with the new restrictions and the massive crowds, It certainly would be foolish to try again.

Very nice! I will show these to my daughter. She lived in Japan in Katsushika-ku for a year on a Rotary Student Exchange program and loved Japan. Thank you.
Thank you. I don't think I've ever made it into Katsushika-ku. Maybe next time I'm in Tokyo I'll have to check it out.

Nice. Thanks for the memories. We seen it as well on the bullet train on the way to Kyoto. We were in that building too. We want to go back.
Thank you. It's funny, I've lived here for many years and this was the first time I actually went into Yokohama. Always Tokyo, never Yokohama.

Nice pics. I'm coming to Japan again this year for sakura. Planning to go to Akiya in Yokosuka/Kanagawa, there's good spot to get Fuji scenery if weather/visibility permits.

This was few years ago at Fujiyoshida (Yamanashi-ken).
5D4_3847.jpg
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
  • EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM
  • 41.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

Haven't climbed Fuji yet but I wish some year I can do the sunrise climb, as in reaching the summit just before sunrise.

Nice pics. I'm coming to Japan again this year for sakura. Planning to go to Akiya in Yokosuka/Kanagawa, there's good spot to get Fuji scenery if weather/visibility permits.

This was few years ago at Fujiyoshida (Yamanashi-ken).
View attachment 26278

Haven't climbed Fuji yet but I wish some year I can do the sunrise climb, as in reaching the summit just before sunrise.
Very nice photo (Fujiyoshida, I'll have to remember that). My climb was a sunrise climb. We left on a perfectly clear, late August night (Mars was shining brightly the entire climb) around 9 at night and actually got up to the top too early, meaning we froze our butts off for around 2 hours waiting for the 御来光 (goraiko: sunrise seen from the top of a mountain). But by that time, the morning clouds had rolled in, creating a sunrise over an 雲海 (unkai: sea of clouds).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back