Using Apple Script to Select Menu Items in Lightroom Classic...

PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Things that sound terribly simple, but aren't (for me). :)

I'm trying to write some AppleScript which will allow me to select menu items in Lightroom Classic.

To kick things off, I'm trying to automate the task of sending a file/ selection of files from Lightroom Classic to DxO PhotoLab using the DxO plug-in route.

(In other words - having a single button to do: [File]-[Plug-in Extras]-[Transfer to DxO PhotoLab 7]).

Though a simple enough task in reality (2 mouse clicks!), in creating this action, I could use the technique for other things.

I've started off with zero knowledge of AppleScript (and progressed little in this respect). I can now call up the LrC Splash Screen, but nothing else works.

(I've also tried side-stepping Script Editor - at least initially - by using the Automator 'Watch Me Do' function and got absolutely nowhere with that either).

Anyone have any ideas of where I'm going wrong, or where I could seek further advice?

Phil

The quick and easy way - and the quick and easy way to develop a headache...

RF-S-AS.jpg

Last edited:
Well, all it took was a 3rd cup of bean-to-cup coffee and a slice of Karen's lemon drizzle cake and I've (sort-of) got things working (a bit).

I can now activate certain top level menu items, assign the AppleScript file to my Loupedeck and trigger the action - progress of sorts.

Although I can also drill down and see the 'Transfer to DxO PhotoLab 7' menu item, I can't find any way to actually select it (yet).

To be continued (as time - and enthusiasm - permits). In the meantime, I need to find a dark room to lie down in... :)

Phil

1. Success-ish...

RF-S-AS-1.jpg

2. Failure laid bare...

RF-S-AS-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hold the press - this version actually works! :D

Select one, or more, images in the LrC Library Module, hit the assigned Loupedeck button to trigger the AppleScript - and they're transferred to DxO PL 7 using the DxO plug-in.

(Like I said - simple... 🤪😅😂😂).

Note: It is also possible to assign my AppleScript to a keyboard shortcut in Lightroom Classic. It’s a bit of a faff to set it up, but it works. If anyone would like to try this, let me know. (Testing of the script in a live workflow scenario is currently ongoing, but so far it's all working fine).

Phil

(The giggling you can hear is from people who actually know what they're doing with AppleScript... :cool: ).

RF-S-AS-3.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway, during coffee break, I thought - could I apply the same principles to DxO PhotoLab Elite?

Oh yes - so, for example, my Presets can now be applied at the press of a Loupedeck CT button...

Game on! :)

Phil

RF-S-LD-DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back