Very disappointed with R8 Manual, any suggestion?

For PDF files, and such, I use the Keyword search very helpful and fast!

Like others, I downloaded the PDF. Unfornately, it doesn't save bookmarks. Otherwise, it's easy enough to digest in sections.
I like to have a paper copy as well as computer copy. That may just me. Which I use depends on how much I intend to read. Reading larger complex session I prefer the paper. It allows me to go back and forth.

For simple and smaller issues I use keyword search but when needed can also add bookmarks using Adobe tools

Hi

After some days, I've read several chapter of the Canon's booklet and I am quite disapointed. This book is basicaly a reference book to the different menu and configuration possible, not explaining why they exists and their purpose.

Old book delivered with the box of the camera used to be much more "user friendly", or the Canon 7D was an exception.

I saw many book available on Amazon, but they are just a print the the Canon's booklet, which was what I was looking for, but now quite not, since the content is quite just basic info without any soul, the pfd or online will be fine for this.

I guess I will have to wait to a real author to publish their version, I saw :
- Rocky Nook's Pocket Guide collection, waiting for R8
- David Busch's "Guide to .." which seems nice

We will see

M. Leferfort I see this has been released.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 22
It may be worth keeping an eye on Nina Bailey’s range of books. She produces very good guides to Canon cameras, which are downloadable, but also Pocket Books, which are printed A6 size so easily fit in a pocket or camera bag. As an example, the R6 guide is 430 pages and the R6 Pocket Book is 60 pages.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be anything for the R8 yet.

Two video tutorials that I plan to view soon...

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back