What do you store and travel your equipment in?

I always keep my gear with me. Too much invested. This is the backpack I use right now, I do have a few smaller ones when needed.

Backpack
I also have a couple of drones and this backpack seems to provide an answer to the multi-case dilemma. Thanks for the link.

Lowepro backpack to carry .
Manfrotto Pro Light Reloader-55 to store.

I have invested a lot in my new gear, just like everyone else.

Using your camera is the main purpose for owning it. What happens to all that expensive gear when not in use?

I bought my gear to use on holiday , that will entail a flight. Do you put your gear in the suitcase and hope to protect it amongst your clothing? Do you trust the airport not to lose it? or do you keep it with you as hand baggage? What do use use?

I did considerable research before deciding on my choice. I decided I need a soft bag/case while the camera is carried around a holiday sight seeing, and a hard case as storage and hand luggage. Anyone that has looked for a bag or a case knows it is a minefield filled with choice, quality, conflicting reviews and prices.

Not going into the soft option here, just too many variables and ways personal to you how you use it. The hard case/hand luggage/storage is easier. I don't have a lot of equipment, yet. The hard case I bought is just the right size to go in an over heat plane locker. This case is water proof and strong enough to sit or stand on.

What do you use?

Attachments

• C5CDE19D-910B-46A5-AF85-8C12DFF88A48.jpeg
    C5CDE19D-910B-46A5-AF85-8C12DFF88A48.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 8EFD15D7-0D54-411A-A1AD-A28FCD19B157.jpeg
    8EFD15D7-0D54-411A-A1AD-A28FCD19B157.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 52
Mine is similar to yours. Not as big or as bright :) . Yours looks heavy, does it have wheels?

Pelicans at home, Lowepros when not.

Camera equipment is expensive, so I don’t travel with it in my checked luggage. I’ve seen the way they throw luggage around. I’ve even had a suitcase broken or lost by the airport. It’s also heavy at times, so I take my equipment on flight in a laptop bag with wheels—Sparing myself from back pain 🥴. It’s a designer bag, so it looks nice when I’m on a shoot and it fits in the overhead or under the seat. Sometimes it gets flagged and checked at TSA, but I have pre-check so I don’t get stopped often.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back