Kamoshika

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David
Some shots from White Sands, NM last September. Due to time constraints, we were there for the very brightest time of day. I hadn't been there in a long, long time, so it was great to visit this amazing place once again.
wsands1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 160
wsands2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 200
wsands3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 200
wsands4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 250

I'm hoping to visit next year at this time when we go to Bosque del Apache WLR to photograph the cranes and geese.

Nice set of images. All the beaches here Mandurah are white sand. And boy does get hot to walk on in summer here. (temps of 40C are not uncommon here around Xmas)

Those are lovely images! It's been so many years since I was in white sands, and I didn't have a camera with me at the time. I would love to get back and see if I could do as nice a job as you have.

Nice set of images. All the beaches here Mandurah are white sand. And boy does get hot to walk on in summer here. (temps of 40C are not uncommon here around Xmas)
Thank you. Luckily, the temp that afternoon was only around 27 that afternoon. 40? o_O

Those are lovely images! It's been so many years since I was in white sands, and I didn't have a camera with me at the time. I would love to get back and see if I could do as nice a job as you have.
Thank you. I really wish I could have spent the night in Alamogordo in order to catch the sunset and get out to the park early for sunrise. We had to do a day trip from Santa Fe.

I'm hoping to visit next year at this time when we go to Bosque del Apache WLR to photograph the cranes and geese.
It's funny: in all the years I lived in NM, I never once made it down to the Bosque. And now I can't get there at the right time of year, living in Japan. Maybe after I retire.

Thank you. Luckily, the temp that afternoon was only around 27 that afternoon. 40? o_O
Yes, it is common here in Summer, Xmas time, to get 40C plus for days on end. Although I must admit the summers are a lot milder than when I was a youngster. Back then we would walk around in bare feet and the bitumen on the roads would literally melt on to bottoms of our feet. You can fry eggs on the ground here in summer.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back