Mammals Zebra Triplet

We've done several trips to South Africa and Namibia. On one of our first game drives we saw hundreds of zebra, our guide explained that big cat predators see mostly in black and white and when zebra are all huddled together the predator can't make out the animal as well. The stripes on the legs and bodies all merge together making a plan of attack harder.
That's very interesting, I didn't know that. I'd love to go back to Tanzania, but maybe a trip to South Africa might be more reasonable I've heard.

That's a great shot! They are so wary, you can see they are watching you whilst they drink. Were you in a hide?
yes

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back