Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A friend asked me are they optically exactly the same.

I couldnt answer check out google.

Couldnt find a comparison so im asking here.

I would presume very very similar just a tad heavy.

Last edited:
Solution
That comparison is brought up a few times on the-digital-picture:

"Let's first compare the RF 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z to the RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM, with the focal length range being a significant differentiator. 105mm frames considerably tighter than 70mm.

The image quality comparison shows the 24-105 to be sharper in the periphery at 24mm f/2.8, despite its much stronger barrel distortion being corrected. The 24-105 still holds a slight periphery advantage at 35mm f/2.8. Wide-open performance is similar over the balance of the shared range, and the differences at f/4 are minor.

The 24-105 shows slightly less flare effect, and it has significantly less peripheral shading, especially at the ends of the shared...

"Let's first compare the RF 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z to the RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM, with the focal length range being a significant differentiator. 105mm frames considerably tighter than 70mm.

The image quality comparison shows the 24-105 to be sharper in the periphery at 24mm f/2.8, despite its much stronger barrel distortion being corrected. The 24-105 still holds a slight periphery advantage at 35mm f/2.8. Wide-open performance is similar over the balance of the shared range, and the differences at f/4 are minor.

The 24-105 shows slightly less flare effect, and it has significantly less peripheral shading, especially at the ends of the shared focal length range. As mentioned, the 24-105 has dramatically stronger barrel distortion at the wide end and slightly stronger pincushion distortion at 70mm."

Solution

The 24-105 shows slightly less flare effect, and it has significantly less peripheral shading, especially at the ends of the shared focal length range. As mentioned, the 24-105 has dramatically stronger barrel distortion at the wide end and slightly stronger pincushion distortion at 70mm."
thanks exactly what i was looking for

There are a few other comparisons sprinkled throughout the review, so definitely read it all.

I would love to have that FL range in a 2.8 zoom, but the cost and the size, not so sure.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back