Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
I'm funny about lens hoods. I almost always have one on any lens I am using at the moment, I just find them to be good protection for the lens as I am out and about. And of course they can help limit unwanted flare when shooting. The lens hood the Canon offers for the 35mm f/1.8 is a joke, just a round disc that screws on to the filter threads. Seems odd since the other primes like the 16mm and 50mm have the bayonet style that twists on and off and reverses for storage.

So I found an aftermarket one that I like so far. It's made by JCC which makes a lot of other aftermarket stuff for various cameras. It comes with a small metal ring that slips over the front part of the lens and has a bayonet style front so the lens hood included can be mounted to the lens just like the hoods for the other RF lenses do. I have found it to be a little finicky when reversing it for storage, you have to have it in just the right position to lock onto the ring. But overall I am pleased and it is very affordable unlike so many that Canon sells!

Attachments

• hood.JPG
    hood.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 18

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back