nickhanson

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Nick Hanson
Captured a couple of weeks ago in Wales, on a morning when we had a fresh fall of snow. Due to COVID restrictions we could only go on walks from the house, however luckily there are lots of nice country lanes in the area, so my wife went from a walk in the snow.

We spotted this particular tree about half a mile from where we were at the time, where even from there could see it had a nice shape to it. It was then a case of checking the map to see if we could get to it easily using public footpaths.

Captured using the R5 & Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art lens - f/4.0, 1/500 sec, ISO 100 - handheld.

Attachments

• _HP_5593.jpg
    _HP_5593.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 70
A lovely image nick. Superb composition. To my eye it is the perfect winter image. There is something about a tree in a field of untouched snow.
We had a good downfall a couple of weeks ago and there is a field close to me with just a couple of trees in It.
And i have waited and waited for it to snow properly so i can get the image i want of it and luckily i got it although with my 5DMKIV
which was before i decided to get my ill fated R6.

A lovely image nick. Superb composition. To my eye it is the perfect winter image. There is something about a tree in a field of untouched snow.
We had a good downfall a couple of weeks ago and there is a field close to me with just a couple of trees in It.
And i have waited and waited for it to snow properly so i can get the image i want of it and luckily i got it although with my 5DMKIV
which was before i decided to get my ill fated R6.
Thanks very much Ade, I got lucky that day managing to find a few lone and accessible trees which made for nice photographs.

Nothing wrong with capturing it with the 5D MKIV, I also have that camera myself and only got the R5 as I wanted its video capabilities. I will eventually sell the 5D MKIV and two EF lenses I have for it though as it hasn't really been used since getting the R5.

I will be keeping my 5D for the foreseeable future but am really looking forward to the R6 and hopefully
the RF 100-500

This definitely deserves to sell well Nick! Beautiful capture.

I am getting out today and hope I can capture a image half as good as this one.....

still stuck here....can't get out of the driveway....so I just took a few shots here

Attachments

• 4G7A9797 copy.jpg
    4G7A9797 copy.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 78

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back