Age Demographics

Retired at 65 (three years ago) so my age is easy to figure out! "Sometimes" I wish I was still working because the Honey Do list never seems to get any shorter but I can wander off and take photos any time so life is good.;)
As a fellow/former nCanadian (lived in the USA for the last 32 years), who retired at 63 some five years ago my age is also easy to figure out. With the arrival of grandkids a few years ago my photo output is waaay up. I’m still consulting, so that’s my excuse for avoiding certain aspects of the Honey-Do list!

68 and retired for nearly 2 years. Retiring was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. No more Zoom conference calls, no more office politics and more time to devote to photography (when the wife isn't handing me me "to do" lists).

Soooooo..are all of you Guys? (As opposed to Gals.)
I know there's more women on here somewhere..... ;)
I'm 66. Retired. No point in giving my husband to-do lists... I end up doing most of them.
I have a blast with photography. I love to drive and camp, hike in the summer, snowshoe and x-country ski in the winter. Only problem is carrying the gear and trying to get a backpack off fast enough to get the good photos!! My favorite is to go out on the back roads and trails in my lil 4x4. My husband gets bored with that and seldom goes with me. He stays at home and plays in his woodshop. Now tell me that ain't boring!!!!!!!;):)

Soooooo..are all of you Guys? (As opposed to Gals.)
I know there's more women on here somewhere..... ;)
I'm 66. Retired. No point in giving my husband to-do lists... I end up doing most of them.
I have a blast with photography. I love to drive and camp, hike in the summer, snowshoe and x-country ski in the winter. Only problem is carrying the gear and trying to get a backpack off fast enough to get the good photos!! My favorite is to go out on the back roads and trails in my lil 4x4. My husband gets bored with that and seldom goes with me. He stays at home and plays in his woodshop. Now tell me that ain't boring!!!!!!!;):)
Hi Anne,

Karen (of Phil and Karen) is female. We share a love of photography, but Karen is a far better photographer than I (Phil) will ever be - she has 'the eye' for composition, angles and textures and all that kind of stuff.

Karen is a very accomplished cyclist, having completed the Lands End to John O'Groats ride. Her preferred camera set-up is the R7 with EF 100-400L II, else EF 16-35L. (She also loves our Sony RX10 IV's :cool:).

Having said all that, I do all our editing/ post-processing, along with any tech and forum stuff - so although you'll get to see her images, it will be my words that accompany them.

(Note - Karen is more than capable of doing any of the techie stuff, it's just that I have the one thing she currently lacks - free time).

Phil and Karen

PS. Karen is also my angel, soul mate and wife... :)

Last edited:
aint no youngens chimed in to much hope our canons have longevity like most of us

poor tim the moderatoer crikey this is a old folks home.....

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back