Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Bit crook this morning in down town south Australia.
Had quite a read of many posts on here I’ve not read.
With fear of sounding obnoxious are many of us on here old farts except tim of course.
Maybe I’m the oldest 59 coming 60 maybe why we all get on respect learnt over the years.
Myself semi retired farmer but still live on farm if I want a day off photographing ask the son and off I go unless something pressing I need to help with

You can infer my age from my intro post a few weeks ago, but it's safe to say I'm older than you. :cool:

I haven't officially retired, because our tree crops keep on producing despite my best efforts to ignore them, but I don't feel so guilty about taking time for myself as I used to. Apart from photography, that incudes trying to stay fit - hours a week on my bike, and a couple of sessions in the gym. One day I might be able to handhold one of the big whites...

Retired at 65 (three years ago) so my age is easy to figure out! "Sometimes" I wish I was still working because the Honey Do list never seems to get any shorter but I can wander off and take photos any time so life is good.;)

Showing my age. Helped moved a few boxes at work down a flight of steps. This morning while getting out to shoot some wildlife, I left the soreness in my legs. The anticipation of getting a good shot overcame the soreness. MY biggest hurdle is that all the injuries compounded over time has caught up with me.

Well I am definitely and "Old Fart". 64 going on a 100. Semi retired from the USPS and working part time at a gas station the owner of such is a friend.
This little job gives me time to pursue my hobby of photography.

‘PKM-UK‘ is a gestalt entity - Phil (physically over 60, mentally under 12) and Karen (much better than Phil in both respects).

We are enthusiastic hobbyist photographers, with Phil being responsible for all editing/ post-processing (we shoot raw).

:)

P&K

i just feel there are more oldies on here than other forums all due respect by the way.
Im a late starter. Long story keep it concise my older sister passed away unexpectdly about 3 weeks after xmas in jan 22 organizing funeral realized how few photos we had even xmas that just went not even a single pic.
Tried storm photography way back in my 20s the 80s with a pentax anyway got married divorced married again kids galore 5 so decided to take it up again.
And not lose any more memories.

And also i find older guys have wit humour and sarcasm and dont take offence like many of the woosies on alot of photo forums and also havent come across one smart arse on here yet unless its me.

cheers guys gals and convertables from my humble farm in south australia sorry for the novel

edit i usually arise 6 am maybe earlier have a quick look of news then the weather and then here to check out overnight happenings getting busier on here great

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back