An article I wrote about my R7 experience

On a more serious note, Hunts in Providence is amazing, Alan is great and everyone I've ever dealt with there has been exceptional. Looking forward to see what you create with the new combination.
I have one post with photographs from Roger Williams Park and a new post will be coming tomorrow morning with additional ones. Here are a couple from Roger Williams Park.

Attachments

• 105A0047.jpg
    105A0047.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 105A0054.jpg
    105A0054.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you, Tim. I don't use Facebook, but you have my permission to share it with the group if you like. This is for the benefit of all Canon users. The more they make the problems known, the better we all will be.
Thanks Cemal. I've shared it in our R7 Shooters Facebook Group and also our RF Shooter Page. Hopefully that will bring a little more awareness to these issues.

Indeed, I am very happy that Hunt's was by my side. Are you a pen fan? I am planning to photograph my modest collection of fountain pens soon.
Yes, I am and I have a modest collection as well. Love to see your photos.

Sadly, the R7 is no different than it was when it was sent to Canon. I will be experimenting on different approaches to the problems.

Sadly, the R7 is no different than it was when it was sent to Canon. I will be experimenting on different approaches to the problems.
Best of luck. This level of denial of real problems by Canon is genuinely disappointing.

Yes, I am and I have a modest collection as well. Love to see your photos.
Mike, in a new article I published to review a pair of lights, I posted some pen photos. I even took new photos after I got a replacement camera and left some of the old ones in the post. You can see a few of my pens.

I was eager to see the pens, so I clicked the link scanned, the photos and didn't read a word of the article :oops:. Wow, Namiki, MB and several Waterman beauties, in addition to another GvFC pen. The photography is great and now I need to carefully read the article since I've never gotten a grip on tabletop. Hopefully I'll learn something. Thanks for the link to the article.

I was eager to see the pens, so I clicked the link scanned, the photos and didn't read a word of the article :oops:. Wow, Namiki, MB and several Waterman beauties, in addition to another GvFC pen. The photography is great and now I need to carefully read the article since I've never gotten a grip on tabletop. Hopefully I'll learn something. Thanks for the link to the article.
Pens have been my life-long love even from the days when I was just crawling. They tell me I would instantly make friends if someone offered a pen for me to hold and play. It still continues. I will try to make a project out of the pens and photography intersection. The article is more of a review of the two lights. When I get to photograph the pens for what they are, I may spend a little more time talking about the pens and sharing stories behind them if any. I would be delighted to see your collection.

I need to work on my tabletop technique (of which there is none), so please be patient. FWIW, i have mainly Italian pens - Visconti, Maiora, Santini - and a few from other locations. I'll keep you posted.

On the day the warranty was due to run out on my R7, I received an email from Canon Repair. It noted that I had reported dissatisfaction with the repair work done and offered to take a look at the camera again. I imagine this resulted from the survey I filled out upon finding the first attempt at a fix had not done the job. They sent an overnight label for shipping and I jumped on it. This time, I was much more detailed in my description of the problem. In fact, I repeated the description four different ways to get the point across and sent a copy of that with the camera. It got there Friday. I'm waiting to see what they say this time. I have to say, I am impressed with their responsiveness to my complaints. They will truly impress me if the problem is solved.
I should add that the problem seemed to be getting worse lately but that was just an impression.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back