Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
John
City/State
Mansfield, UK
Waaaay back in 2009 I got my first Canon - I forget now, a 550D or the like, from then came a 60D, 7D (oddly for the birth of a child, no idea how fast I though delivery might be!) - on then to full frame, 7D, then 5DIII - and all the way lenses, so many lenses, to the point where I needed a small bus to go for a walk with the family!

So, I moved to Olympus, what a revaluation in weight, but the loss of depth bugged me even then, so next, Nikon - never really gelled, next was Fuji - now that was good, but even with a 90mm F2 it was still a crop, but that had bought mirrorless and IBIS... hmn... something good going.

Now here we are in 2024, some 15 or so years later and I'm back with Canon - a new (to me) R6 sitting on my desk, just waiting for a lens, the 24-105 (EF) and 50 (RF) turning up tomorrow with a good wind.

What is also sat with me is two huge boxes heading off to a camera dealer to scrape back a pittance on commission to try and pay for the latest leg of my GASsy journey :)

Welcome back to Canon John and welcome to the forum too! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you and waaaay ahead of you on asking questions :ROFLMAO:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back