Anyone have a personal favourite shot from 23?

Photofarmer

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Doesnt matter if its good or bad but your favourite always in eye of the beholder/photographer,heres mine.
Proably need a bit of serious editing to lighten up foreground, so be it. PS ive posted it here previously just a bit more of a crop this time
nov23IMG_3977-topaz-enhance-2x.jpeg

Proably need a bit of serious editing to lighten up foreground, so be it
I think the foreground as is makes a great silhouette.

I am trying to comprehend:

Anyone have a personal favourite shot from 23?​

have you got a favourite shot of your own from 23. your best pic from 23

S...l...o...w
t...h...i...n...k...i...n...g
23 = 2023 🤣

Have you ever though of turning your photo into a stereographic projection?

Last edited:
I took just under 10,000 so it's not easy to pick. But for an R system image this one is one of my favorites just because it just screams, TEXAS! And the fact I shot it with the RF 800mm f/11 handheld. This one of the reenactment of the Battle at San Jacinto would be a second just because I was able to catch the canon firing.

2023-016-091 wildflowers-2.jpg

2023-021-347 1836.jpg

love number 2.
as a famer can work out longhorns must be hard to hadle in corral

My favorite was taken by my assistant so that makes me sad :( Maybe I should retire.

Great photo for sure. Men's individual final match at Kendo US Nationals. He scores point with quite rare technique too.

HX9A2271.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF28-70mm F2 L USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 640

Thanks for starting this thread Photofarmer. Here's my contribution with a favorite shot I took in 2023 while on a ferryboat just before arriving to the dock. What I didn't see in the EVF immediately became apparent when I looked at the picture at home on my 27" monitor. Actually there are two interesting things to see here. One is that the rainbow only shows up in the storm, yet it's absent in the upper part of the bright clouds. The second thing needs a bit more scrutiny to see that there is a double rainbow phenomenon. Do you see it? :) Let's call it "serendipity", aka a fortunate discovery by accident, something that happens many times in life and especially in photography like something we don't have control of! :)

9Y3A8114.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 1600

S...l...o...w
t...h...i...n...k...i...n...g
23 = 2023 🤣

Have you ever though of turning your photo into a stereographic projection?
im only a novice stereographic projection is what?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back