Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Michal
City/State
Warsaw, Poland
Hi RF Shooters!

I'm Michal, originally from Poland, but for the past dozen of years cannot find a place to settle down for good. Traveling a lot, changing countries I live in until the pandemic came and caught me between my home country where I live at the moment and Belgium, where the company I work for is located. Although most of my job is done remotely. I'm a pre-Facebook generation and miss the old-style internet forums, so I hope I will find my place here.

I've been using Canon for 15 years, started with one of their point and shoot PowerShot, but quickly switched to 450D DSLR. It was my very long time companion until late 2020, when I upgraded to 90D. I was very happy with my new body, but unfortunately discovered it had a faulty sensor. Canon service said it was beyond repair and because of stock shortages refund was the only option, as replacement was not available.

That's how I got into RF mount. It wasn't easy though, because it took a few weeks until my R6 was delivered by Amazon. Again logistic issues with electronic equipment. Since I'm coming from a crop sensor, I didn't have much lenses I could carry over, so I'm still building up my gear armory. I'm 100% amateur, never thought I could make money out of my photography hobby. However, the magnificent performance of my new mirrorless Canon, together with some help of Adobe Lightroom got me a first job and a few hundred euros earned as a photographer for a football tournament organised by the team where my son is playing.

I'm mainly shooting pictures when I travel: landscapes, nature, urban architecture. As I mentioned I became a kids' football club photographer, covering their matches. I also have my favourite car museum in Brussels that I visit every few months when they change temporary exhibitions and I'm always leaving it with my memory card filled up. I'm interested in street photography and that's what I currently would like to practice the most. I'm bad at portraits. I also own a vintage 35mm film Leica CL.

Welcome Michal and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. Hopefully you will find somewhere to settle down soon. I spent 10 years living and working in Germany but I moved back to the UK where I was born 10 years ago now.

Our Facebook Groups that we run are a lot more popular than our forum right now, but we will persevere and hope that we can turn this into a more active community over the coming years.

I'm sure it won't take you too long to build up your RF lens collection. I shoot mainly wildlife so I'm content with just the RF 100-500 for now. But I also shoot with a Sony so have a few more lenses to choose from if I need to.

Have a great week!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back