Anyone Have Experience with these Ef-S Lenses Adapted to R-Series Bodies?

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Dave Noordhoff

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave Noordhoff
City/State
Ontario
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
After enjoying my R6Mk2 for several months, I have just purchased a R7.
Now I'm thinking of buying two Ef-s lenses (used) to complement this new camera ... a Canon Ef-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM and a Ef-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM.
I would be using Canon Control Ring EF-RF adaptors to use these lenses on my R7.
Does anyone have experience with either of these lenses? I am especially interested in anyone who shoots video with his R-series and the Ef-S 17-55mm.
Back in my days owning Canon Rebels and the 40D & 50D bodies I owned a Ef-S 17-55mm and have good memories of it. Do you think my positive remembrances are colouring my judgement? Thanks for your input!

Dave

I was looking at the RF-S 10-18 but went with the Tokina 11-20 f/2.8 instead. If you use DxO photo editing software, the AT-X version is already supported but not the newer atx-i version as of now, so I bought a refurbished AT-X. It's very nice. Sold off my EF-S 17-55 when I bought my R7. I now have the Tokina at the wide end, the RF 28 f/2.8 as a walk-around lens, and an EF 50 f/1.4 to cover that range.

I am thinking of getting another EF to RF adapter as new RF lenses are not in the financial future. :( I have a Canon adapter but looking at a second non Canon as the price on Amazon is a LOT less than Canon. I would be using the adapter with my EF S 10-18mm and the EF S 55-250mm on the R7. Then I could just leave an adapter on each lens. If anyone has experience with these non Canon adapters I would really like to hear about it.

I bought the Commlite adaptor when the Canon one was in short supply, and never had any issues with it.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back