tpatana

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tero Patana
Show of hands, who's planning to buy one and what's your reason over other great bodies like R3 or basically any other RF body?

Or are you still waiting to hear the price before deciding?

For me, I'm fairly certain I'll get one since I shoot lot of sports and my current combo R5+1DX(1) would greatly improve by having two modern mirrorless bodies. The shooting itself wouldn't justify the price I'm expecting but luckily my day job helps to offset any costs I have to put towards the gear.

Most likely I'll pre-order as soon as possible since I have big tournament in July. Hoping to get one for me before all the Olympics shooters snatch all the inventory.

I'll pass. It's more than I need as a hobbyist, and my R5 still has features I've yet to explore.

As a wildlife shooter, I need the 45mps of the R5. So, No

As a wildlife shooter, I need the 45mps of the R5. So, No

Yea wildlife for sure has different needs. There's supposed to be coming also high-MPix bodies, maybe R5-variant / R5-2 or R3-2 that could work better for wildlife.

If i had mega money would prefer to spend it on a RF 100/300 2.8 L rather than body

But R1 a no and above mentioned lens a No

I am more than happy with my R5. I think the R1 is greed more towards professional sports shooters. My main genre is landscapes, Milky Ways and a bit of wildlife and birds (probably 60-20-20% of those genres). I'm not ever really sure I'll upgrade to the R5ii if/whgen it comes out. I really don't have any complaints about my R5 for the stuff I shoot. I think I'f I were included to spend more money at this point, it would be on more RF glass.

No way. It will I am sure be aimed at pro's ... and amateurs who have to have it. A bit Sony A9 ... but loads will buy it. I won't. R3 ii maybe lol

Well I was hoping R1 was out within next 2 months but doesn't look like it so I cave in and bought R3. Hopefully I don't regret that when I see the R1 specs and price.

Well I was hoping R1 was out within next 2 months but doesn't look like it so I cave in and bought R3. Hopefully I don't regret that when I see the R1 specs and price.
Having shot and carried two R3s for quite a while now, I can’t really think of what an R1 could offer me except maybe a better viewfinder auto brightness and a a vertical grip and buttons that is/are more similar to the horizontal grip. I may be in the minority, but I have large hands and miss the size of the 1dx series bodies. The R3 is a little cramped in some ways. But none of those add up to a reason for me to replace them. The R3s are great, have plenty of resolution, and I find the 30 fps is sometimes a bit too much.

I think you’re gonna love the r3

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back