1. Yes
5U1A0071.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

Out of focus Grebe taking off from lake. I wasn't ready to track the Grebe taking flight and blew the shot. However, I really like the bird+reflection in the water against the trees. Thoughts?

Meh...

you asked.

View attachment 14616
Out of focus Grebe taking off from lake. I wasn't ready to track the Grebe taking flight and blew the shot. However, I really like the bird+reflection in the water against the trees. Thoughts?
At a glance, it's an interesting texture as is or for use as a layer in Photoshop or Affinity Photo. It could be fun playing with the layer blending modes.

Back in the days of film, I enjoyed the odd shot that had a red overlay or similar defect resulting from an error in processing.

View attachment 14616
Hi James,

I think it has a kind-of pastel/ watercolour quality, so I can certainly see where you're coming from.

A lot of people take stunning shots, but would you print them and put them on your wall? Maybe, but many others prefer to have 'art'.

(I've turned many a disaster or unintended shot into something creative - although Karen's never pressed me to get one printed... 😂).

I'll have a play if you want, but only with your express permission - and no promises! (It won't be today as it's Nepalese Curry time!).

Phil

You have my permission, but only if for your enjoyment. I do welcome ideas to make this better though. My plan is to re-visit the location and seek an opportunity to get a bird in flight in focus against that same reflection. I could possibly layer a sharp capture against this background in PS.

You have my permission, but only if for your enjoyment. I do welcome ideas to make this better though. My plan is to re-visit the location and seek an opportunity to get a bird in flight in focus against that same reflection. I could possibly layer a sharp capture against this background in PS.
I’ll be back…

…Tomorrow. :cool:

Phil

I think that if you removed the bird and flipped in horizontally (or cropped it to not include the bird), that it would be a really interesting image...very artsy.

I think that if you removed the bird and flipped in horizontally (or cropped it to not include the bird), that it would be a really interesting image...very artsy.
Hi Bryan,

Nice. I may loan that idea (if you don't mind?) and see if I can make it work - along with the other things I have in mind...

Phil

Hi James,

Six (very) quick edits -

'Blurred Birds as Art'... :)

Phil

1. Your original image with slight tweaks and frame.

RF-S1-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

2. 'Pastel painting on paper' in frame.

RF-S2-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

3. Framed 'Painting on canvas'.

RF-S3-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

4. Framed horizontal abstract.

RF-S6-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

5. Framed vertical abstract I. (With thanks to Bryan!).

RF-S4-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

6. Framed vertical abstract II.

RF-S5-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back